|Year||2017||Topic||Hundred Years War|
|Players||2 to 2||Scale||Tactical|
|ITACS-0.1.vmod||VASSAL Module||60.89 MB||2018-01-13||3.2.17|
|ITACS-Ancient-0.2.vmod||VASSAL Module||9.01 MB||2018-01-13||3.2.17|
|ITACS-Asia-0.2.vmod||VASSAL Module||20.34 MB||2018-01-13||3.2.17|
|ITACS-Medieval-0.2.vmod||VASSAL Module||32.3 MB||2018-01-13||3.2.17|
|ITACS-Ancient-0.3.vmod||VASSAL Module||9.01 MB||2020-02-09||3.2.17|
|ITACS-Asia-0.3.vmod||VASSAL Module||30.04 MB||2020-02-09||3.2.17|
|ITACS-Medieval-0.3.vmod||VASSAL Module||50.77 MB||2020-02-09||3.2.17|
ITACS or Improved Tactical System is a hex-and- counter wargaming system which simulates tactical battles from the earliest times until the end of the 16th Century. It is designed to include some of the flexibility of miniatures style games along with the ease of use and faster gameplay of the hex based wargaming world.
ITACS has been inspired by various tactical warfare games covering the period from ancient to early modern times.
ITACS contains a number of rules including the basic movement and combat rules, terrain effects, leadership, morale, etc. There are also scenarios for ITACS, each of which may contain scenario specific rules that apply only to that scenario.
ITACS is designed to be played online using the VASSAL game system, although players may choose to print out copies of the counters and maps should they so choose, and play face to face.
Game pieces and maps from other tactical games can also be used to play ITACS. You may also create your own counters and maps as well as any number of scenarios to use these maps.
The game rules and standard VASSAL module file may be freely distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license. This license may be seen here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
The game images in these rules are for example purposes only. You may create or adapt your own counters or maps for use in this game.
You may print copies of the game rules, game counters, and game maps for use in face to face play if you wish. No royalties are required for printing the game rules and maps for your own use.
The latest version of the game including the VASSAL module file, rules, scenarios etc can be found here:
- version 0.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9wotw9bns20wo0/ITACS-0.1.zip?dl=0
- version 0.2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzz8ha9298xp1fw/ITACS-0.2.zip?dl=0
- version 0.3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwzu515tn2kps40/ITACS-0.3.zip?dl=0
- Megiddo I (ca 1457 BC)
- Megiddo II (609 BC)
- Marathon (490 BC)
- Thermopylae (480BC)
- Eurymedon (ca 466BC)
- Aylesford (455AD)
- Deorham (577)
- Tours (10th October 732)
- Ashdown (8th January 871)
- Edington (May 878)
- Maldon (11th August 991)
- Stamford Bridge (25th September 1066)
- Hastings (14th October 1066)
- Cabra (1079)
- Alarcos (18th July 1195)
- Las Navas de Tolosa (16th July 1212)
- Lake Peipus (5th April 1242)
- Falkirk (22nd July 1298)
- Bannockburn (24th June 1314)
- Neville’s Cross (17th October 1346)
- Crecy (26th August 1346)
- Poitiers (19th September 1356)
- Agincourt (25th October 1415)
- A Game of Kingmaker
- Northampton (10th July 1460)
- Towton (29th March 1461)
- Barnet (14th April 1471)
- Tewkesbury (4th May 1471)
- Bosworth Field (22nd August 1485)
- Golden Spurs / Courtrai (11th July 1302)
- Castagnaro (11th March 1387)
- Grunwald (15th July 1410)
- Fornovo (6th July 1495)
- Garigliano (29th December 1503)
- Ravenna (11th April 1512)
- Novara (6th June 1513)
- Pavia (24th February 1525)
- Nineveh (627)
- Manzikert (26th August 1071)
- Hattin (4th July 1187)
- Arsuf (7th September 1191)
- Jaffa (1192)
- Muye (1046BC)
- Red Cliffs (208AD)
- Hulao (28th May 621)
- Bạch Đằng (April 1288)
- Chi Lang Defile (October 1427)
Completed the rules and added a lot more scenarios. To avoid bloat in the module file I have split the module into 3 separate modules covering Ancients (including Greece and Rome), Medieval (Europe from the end of the Western Empire in 476 through to 1600) and Asia.
A few minor rules and combat chart tweaks. Added more scenarios.