Module:Lock 'n Load Tactical: Heroes of the Falklands
|Publisher||Lock 'n Load Publishing||Era||Modern|
|Players||2 to 2||Scale||Tactical|
|Length||90min||Series||Lock 'n Load Tactical|
Files and Module Information
|LnLP_Heroes of the Falklands_v2.3.vmod||module||14.99 MB||2019-02-08||3.2.17||Mike Seely||Trent Garner, Gabor Venczel|
Fixes for all known issues and corrected counters from the v9.0 errata document
New features include 3D dice with die rolling sounds, plus counter movement trails, making it easy to track unit movement each turn. All reported errors have been corrected.
Several hot-key fixes; removed unneeded wreck marker; remaining wreck counter is not affiliated; Crew counter added to vehicle right-click menu
All new official hi-res digital maps and counters with rounded corners. This is an official module, made by permission of Lock n Load Publishing. Thanks go to Vance Strickland and Gabor Venczel, whose original work this module is built upon. There are many differences, but you guys lead the way.
Heroes of the Falklands brings you to the windswept, rocky landscape of the Falkland Islands—or Islas Malvinas, as they are known by the Argentines. The brief but brutal war in 1982 began after the Argentines unexpectedly seized Stanley, the capital of the Falklands, and the island of South Georgia from small garrisons of British Royal Marines. The British government responded by sending a large naval task force to the South Atlantic to reclaim the disputed islands. Here, the fierce ground combat that occurred during the war is depicted as only the immersive squad-level Lock ’n Load Tactical Series can.
The full copy of Heroes of the Falklands feature the Argentine seizures of Stanley and South Georgia and all of the major land battles, from the British Paras’ costly but morale-boosting assaults on Darwin Hill and Goose Green, to the daring commando raid on Top Malo House, across East Falkland to the climatic battles for the ring of hills around Stanley. Two what-if scenarios depict Argentine opposition to the British landing at San Carlos and a last-ditch fight for control of Stanley. Put on your cold-weather combat gear and bring along a pair of night-vision goggles: the fate of the islands is at stake!
This module contains the maps, units, markers, and select tables needed to play the game. Game scenarios are available in the LnL:Tactical Companion Book, which is available on the LnLP website.
What is a Companion Book? The Companion Books are the same as the Module Rules and Scenario booklets that are available in our games, with the exception we included most of the charts and tables that come within that game. So why release the Companion book? The Companion Books were designed for those gamers who are playing virtually and did not want to purchase the entire game just for the scenarios and tables to play via Vassal or Tabletop Simulator. The Companion Books are NOT complete games but do contain everything a player will need to play via Vassal or Tabletop Simulator. Players who prefer to play virtually can do so without the need to own the board (boxed) edition of the game. The Companion Books also can be used by players playing digitally via our Digital DLC editions via Steam for their Macs or Windows computers.
So if you own or purchase the board games you don't need to purchase the Companion Books. Some board game owners prefer them since they are spiral bound and will lay flat on the table and any typos or known errors found since the printing of the original edition of the board game has been updated. The Companion books can be used with any game printing or game rule edition.
- Games in this series can be purchased at: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/lock-n-load-tactical-series
- A full print version can be purchased at: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/lock-n-load-tactical-series/heroes-of-the-falklands
- Heroes of the Pacific Companion Book: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/lock-n-load-tactical-series?product_id=541
- Solo Kit can be purchased at: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/lock-n-load-tactical-series/lock-n-load-tactical-solo
- Living rules can be downloaded at: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/lock-n-load-tactical-core-rules-pdf-edition.253/
- Game Resources: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/lock-n-load-tactical-series.5/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LocknLoadPub
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/LnLP
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LnLPub
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClZ6gdcFDfR94LGCmA8Y5Hg
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/lnlp
- Board Game Geek: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/184560/lock-n-load-tactical-heroes-falklands
Game Credits & License
Why We Do What We Do: We love playing games, as well as designing and developing them. We give praise and thanks to God for blessing us so we can follow our dreams and passions. We also thank you, our fans, friends, and family for making this possible for us.
This module is solely owned by Lock 'n Load Publishing, who kindly granted permission and advised on its construction. Please do not modify this in any way and repost it or its components. If you find errors, or have suggestions for improvements, please contact Mike Seely, our vassal module maintainer.
©2019 Lock ’n Load Publishing, LLC. © 2019 Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC., and their Logos are all trademarks of Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Executive Producer: David Heath
- Associate Producer: Blackwell Hird
- Lead Game Design & Development: Jeff Lewis
- Manual Editor: Jeff Lewis
- Counter Art: David Julien, Marc von Martial
- Map Art: Marc von Martial
- Graphic Design & Layout: Blackwell Hird, Styeve Pultorak, Steve Dennis
- Box Art & Design: Blackwell Hird, David Julien
- Administration: Ava Marie Heath
- Customer Support: Jason Church
- Logistic Manager: Darren White
- Original Design: Mark Walker
- Scenario Designers: Jeff Lewis, Mark Walker.
- Vassal module maintainer: Mike Seely