Module:Pax Pamir (Second Edition)
|Players||1 to 5||Scale||Abstract|
Cole Wehrle's game about power and politics in 19th Century Afghanistan.
Please refer to the html help file included in the module for more information, but to get started:
0. Players should choose or be assigned their colours in chat first.
1. Click the big "start here" button to open a setup window.
2. Select the player colours in the game, Wakhan and other options if required, then click set up.
A button on the Main Map toolbar can be used to automate end of turn cleanup.
Rule and dominance is automatically calculated and indicated. Ruler tokens are not displayed when no-one rules.
All pieces in the game have context-sensitive right-click menu options.
For more information on version differences and module development, see https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2254907
- Added option to disable automation (except setup).
- Added autodiscarding of Event cards from zero market spaces.
- Added autoscoring.
- Added automation for Confidence Failure: automatic discard when single card in a hand, and alert when more than one.
- Added automation for leverage.
- When playing with Wakhan, hid "radicalize" menu command that isn't relevant (left or right).
- Added automatic card play (in random order) when exchanging hands with Wakhan.
- Made reports from automatic events appear "color#2" (default green), and instructions for players (something that they should do manually) - "color#4" (default red), except impact effects, which are in bold black now.
- Added Movement Trail to rupees.
- Some minor toolbar and reporting changes, and a new helpfile.
- Fixed cylinder's snapping feature so that while dragging onto Loyalty Dial it snaps to nearest gift space rather than cheapest one, except for Wakhan.
- Added a huge "click here to start" button for new players
- Added region priority indicators for Wakhan games. Flipping a new Wakhan card causes 1 to 6 dots to appear below the region names, to indicate 1st to 6th priority for Wakhan.
- Update to Vassal 3.5.5 adds Alt-click "flare" indicators for easier communication - Hold Alt and click where you want to draw someone's attention.
- "Dominance" bar added which shows who will score what, relative to other players, if a Dominance Check happened immediately.
- The hidden and open hands versions of the module have been merged into one, and visibility of hands can chosen during setup.
- Wakhan rule calculation is by default based on the errata published at https://www.boxofdelights.net/wakhan-faq (now incorporated in the second printing)
- Ben Kyo