Module:Commands & Colors: Medieval
|Players||2 to 2||Scale||Mixed|
|Length||60 minutes||Series||Commands & Colors|
Base Game v 1 (English)
- a larger version of the card is shown to the player when the card is hidden from the opponent; - when drawing two cards on the board they are placed side to side (not stacked); - when drawing two cards on the board the flipping sound is produced; - the "Area of Effect" right-click menu item of range capable units has been renamed "Show Range"; - the "Activate" right-click menu item of Command Cards has been renamed "Play"; - a link to online game rules has been added in the Help menu; - the "to player hand" right-click menu item has been moved to the bottom; - sounds have been normalized consistently using mp3 files; - key F1 now opens the Charts window.
- added end-of-turn button on player's hand windows; - added end-of-turn bell ring; - added button to draw two cards on the board; - block lost counters activated in the "File-> Preferences" tab; - added "move in hand" entry in the card's right-click menu;
- moved all sound and visual options in a "File->Preferences" tab; - code clean-up (eliminated unnecessary prototype definitions);
- added icons in the Inspired Action menu on player windows to clarify which actions are available to which side; - movement trail management compatible with VASSAL v.3.4; - new player icons and tooltip clarifying that player 1 has the top side and player 2 the bottom side; - added ctrl-z as the global "undo" key;
- added the possibility to play inspired action directly from the leadership card (right-click menu); - consistent reporting from the different game components; - alt is now the meta-key for command cards (drawing, activating, flipping and deleting) to avoid any interaction with the units on the board;
- fixed bug in leader loss count; - fixed bug on unit trail removal when eliminated; - added a message when units sound is switched on/off;
- added plus/minus buttons for the inspired action tokens; - selecting a battlefield or leadership action in the hand window; automatically decreases the number of inspired leadership tokens; - added light background card slot outlines in player hand windows; - added command cards inventory button; - added "target" marker to city gates; - automatically put a unit under a leader when stacked; - removed "attack" marker from leaders; - uniform color in player hand windows, irrespective of window size; - text labels for leaders, units and terrain hexes now are "Serif bold Italic" 20 points, with transparent background. I've got rid of those terrible post-it style stickers! - unified "CTR-L" command to add labels to terrain and units; - added the "AoE" menu entry to units with range 2; - no discard menu entry for command cards when in player hand; - substituted the wrong "leaders" card with a color-consistent version; - code clean-up (eliminated unnecessary prototypes);
- updated with the corrected "Leaders" card.
- background of the left panel consistent with the graphic theme of the main map; - consistently implemented writings in the same color; - leader correctly counted in the tournament "block lost" counter; - prototypes for leader features; - fixed links for scenario 006 and 011.
C&C Ancients is Richard Borg's game of medieval warfare, published by GMT Games.
You can find info, rules, scenarios and more on Commands & Colors: Ancients website.