|Publisher||GMT Games||Era||18th Century|
|Players||2 to 2||Scale||Abstract|
|Imperial Struggle v1.vmod||Module||23.82 MB||2020-06-10||3.2.17|
|Imperial Struggle v1-1.vmod||Module||23.83 MB||2020-06-15||3.2.17|
|Imperial Struggle v1-2.vmod||Module||23.85 MB||2020-07-10||3.3.1|
|Imperial Struggle v1-3.vmod||Module||23.96 MB||2021-03-05||3.5.0|
|Imperial Struggle v2.vmod||Module||23.96 MB||2021-03-07||3.5.3|
|Imperial Struggle v2-1.vmod||Module||23.96 MB||2021-03-26||3.5.3|
|Imperial Struggle v2-2.vmod||Module||23.96 MB||2021-04-08||3.5.5|
|Imperial Struggle v2-21.vmod||Module||23.96 MB||2021-04-10||3.5.5|
Version 2.22 corrects Sugar accounting error in Port de Paix market in the Caribbean. Version 2.23 corrects Sugar accounting error in Panzacola.
Please read the module instructions below before emailing with questions. Thanks!
1. Right-click on spaces that can accommodate flags to place flag markers. These markers never move. They can only be altered by right-click and Ctrl functions.
2. The Awards are distributed randomly by way of the toolbar button. Press once to send 1 award from the random draw pile (near Global Demand display on map). Reshuffle by right-clicking on the Award discard pile (located right of the game title on the map).
3. Squadrons are built using toolbar in Play Mats. Right-click on squadrons to deploy them.
4. Flags and squadron deployment for each side is tracked in each region’s award box (look for small flags and the number atop it). They’re small and subtle. This let’s players know how many flags for each side in that region.
5. Press Draw Tile buttons to… you guessed it! Draw a tile! Right-click on tiles to play as British and French. Use the Discard button on toolbar to reset them. OR: (and this is new) You can click on the Reset Investment icon on the toolbar to discard all previously-drawn tiles and draw 9 fresh ones.
6. Within each War’s display, use toolbar buttons to deal 1 basic war tile to each theater, draw 1 bonus tile to a specified theater, or remove all tiles from the war back to the Playmat.
7. In the Playmat window there is a toolbar button that will empty out the Bonus War Tiles deck. Open up the next war’s display window, click and drag a box around each stack of Bonus War Tiles and hit Ctrl-R to send each stack to the appropriate playmat window’s deck.
8. Right-click on a Basic War Tile and select Military Upgrade to draw a single new tile from the deck. Right-click on a basic tile can also have the card sent to Out Of Play (access this window from toolbar).
9. Awards tiles and ministry cards can be exhausted by right-click. Use the Reset button on toolbar to reset these cards and tiles.
Version 1.3: Adds 2nd Printing graphics. Conflict layer can be set to "Used" when used in War. Toolbar button only removes Conflict layers marked as "Used."
Version 2.0: 1. Hold down Alt and left-click to use the new map flare tool.
2. Module tracks the dominance of Global Demands. The numeric value superimposed on the Demand counters reflects the overall difference between French and British controlled spaces. Zero means both sides are equal. Numbers to the left of zero (i.e. negative values) represent the number of French-controlled spaces; positive numbers represent British control.
3. Awards toolbar button also discards current Global Demands, reshuffles, and draws 3 new Global Demands.
3. IMPORTANT: If module calculation of Global Demands somehow gets out of sync with the game state and represents an inacurate value, you can manually adjust by right-clicking on the Global Demand counter and adding either British or French value.
Version 2.1: Adds "Exhausted" layer to Ministry cards. Right-click or use Ctrl-E to engage "Exhausted" layer. NOTE: Some cards have have multiple features to exhaust. In such cases, we recommend using one of the spare markers from the toolbar tray to mark the secondary feature as exhausted. Toolbar RESET button will clear exhaustion from cards.
Version 2.2: Dragging squadrons from place to place was causing errors in control calculations. Squadrons are now not draggable. Send to location by right-click function. This will ensure calculations of control are correct. Locations marked with Conflict must have Conflict status removed before unflagging/reflagging. This also prevents calculation errors.
Version 2.21: Version 2.21 makes the Squadrons moveable again (mouse-over works as well). It turns out making the Squadrons non-moveable causes more problems than it solves. IMPORTANT: While dragging squadrons from naval space to naval space within the SAME REGION works just fine (e.g. Biscay to Balearic), dragging from region to region WILL cause control calculation error. Use right-click to redeploy region to region.
© GMT Games 2020; Ananda Gupta, Jason Matthews Design
- Geo Luke