Module:Lock 'n Load Tactical: Heroes Against the Red Star
|Publisher||Lock 'n Load Publishing||Era||Modern Warfare|
|Players||2 to 2||Scale||Tactical|
|Length||60 min.||Series||Lock 'n Load Tactical|
|LnLP_Heroes_Against_the_Red_Star_v2.4.vmod||Module||49.83 MB||2019-08-13||3.2.17||Mike Seely||Vance Strickland, Trent Garner|
|LnLP_The_Bear_and_The_Jackal_v2.4.vmdx||Extension||5.43 MB||2019-08-13||3.2.17||Mike Seely||Vance Strickland, Trent Garner|
|LnLP_Days_of_Villainy_v2.4.vmdx||Extension||15.27 MB||2019-08-13||3.2.17||Mike Seely||Vance Strickland, Trent Garner|
- Version 2.4: Updated for the extension Days of Villainy
- Version 2.3: Fixed all known errors and added the corrected counters from the v9.0 errata document for LnLT.
- Version 2.2: New features include 3D dice with die rolling sounds, plus counter movement trails, making it easy to track unit movement each turn. All reported errors have been corrected.
- Version 2.1: All new hi-res digital map and counters with rounded corners. Official module, made by permission from Lock n Load Publishing.
Heroes Against the Red Star is a complete Lock ‘n Load core game which brings the Lock ‘n Load Tactical system from West Germany to Paris, on the first days of World War III.
You’ll command a bucket of 1985-era weaponry including Soviet T-80, T-72, T-64, and T-55 tanks Hind helicopters, Soviet infantry, paratroopers, BMPs, and all their accoutrements of war - RPGs, RPKs, RPDs, and more. Command forces representing French conscripts, the Foreign Legion, Paratroopers, and lots of tanks. You’ll match AMX30 B-2 tanks against the best Russian armor, direct Jaguar airstrikes, and recon enemy positions with ERC-90 and AMX 10RC armored cars.
You get to play with anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM), which are easily depleted, advanced armor, advanced sights (thermal and night), fixed wing air support, and much more.
Fight scenarios from the first probes by Soviet infantry to the ultimate, desperate clash for the Eisenbach Bridge. This is modern street fighting, in the buildings, and on the deck of the tanks.
This module contains the maps, units, markers, and select tables needed to play the game. Game scenarios are available in the LnL:Tactical Companion Book, which is available on the LnLP website.
What is a Companion Book?
The Companion Books are the same as the Module Rules and Scenario booklets that are available in our games, with the exception we included most of the charts and tables that come within that game. So why release the Companion book? The Companion Books were designed for those gamers who are playing virtually and did not want to purchase the entire game just for the scenarios and tables to play via Vassal or Tabletop Simulator. The Companion Books are NOT complete games but do contain everything a player will need to play via Vassal or Tabletop Simulator. Players who prefer to play virtually can do so without the need to own the board (boxed) edition of the game. The Companion Books also can be used by players playing digitally via our Digital DLC editions via Steam for their Macs or Windows computers.
So if you own or purchase the board games you don't need to purchase the Companion Books. Some board game owners prefer them since they are spiral bound and will lay flat on the table and any typos or known errors found since the printing of the original edition of the board game has been updated. The Companion books can be used with any game printing or game rule edition.
- Games in this series can be purchased at: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/lock-n-load-tactical-series
- A full print version can be purchased at: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/lock-n-load-tactical-series/heroes-against-the-red-star
- Heroes of the Pacific Companion Book: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/lock-n-load-tactical-series?product_id=544
- Solo Kit can be purchased at: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/lock-n-load-tactical-series/lock-n-load-tactical-solo
- Hell Frozen Over Expansion: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/hell-frozen-over-llp313923
- Living rules can be downloaded at: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/lock-n-load-tactical-core-rules-pdf-edition.253/
- Game Resources: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/lock-n-load-tactical-series.5/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LocknLoadPub
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/LnLP
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LnLPub
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClZ6gdcFDfR94LGCmA8Y5Hg
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/lnlp
- Board Game Geek: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/185057/lock-n-load-tactical-heroes-against-red-star
Game Credits & License
Why We Do What We Do: We love playing games, as well as designing and developing them. We give praise and thanks to God for blessing us so we can follow our dreams and passions. We also thank you, our fans, friends, and family for making this possible for us.
This module is solely owned by Lock 'n Load Publishing, who kindly granted permission and advised on its construction. Please do not modify this in any way and repost it or its components. If you find errors, or have suggestions for improvements, please contact Mike Seely, our vassal module maintainer.
©2019 Lock ’n Load Publishing, LLC. © 2019 Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC., and their Logos are all trademarks of Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Executive Producer: David Heath
- Associate Producer: Blackwell Hird
- Lead Game Design & Development: Jeff Lewis
- Manual Editor: Jeff Lewis
- Counter Art: David Julien, Kwanchi Moriya, Marc von Martial
- Map Art: Marc von Martial, Olivier Revenu
- Graphic Design & Layout: Blackwell Hird, Steve Pultorak, Steven Dennis
- Box Art & Design: Blackwell Hird, David Julien
- Administration: Ava Marie Heath
- Customer Support: Jason Church
- Logistic Manager: Darren White
- Original Design: Mark Walker
- Vassal module maintainer: Mike Seely
Extensions: Days of Villainy, The Bear and The Jackal
- Trent Garner