Module:Merchant of Venus
|1 to 6
|Aaron Riggan, Michael Christopher, Jonathan Watts
Special thanks to soft-bug of Vassalfactory.org for collaborating with me and helping fix some very critical issues. As of right now, the game is (as far as I know) 100% playable. I will be posting another tutorial for the updated version eventually, but most of the functionality should be the same. The only major artifact that I can't get rid of is an extra "peek" command upon clicking the exploration tokens or the IOU tokens. However, gameplay shouldn't be noticeably affected. -Cardshark1029, module designer.
This is the popular 1988 Avalon Hill game, Merchant of Venus designed by Richard Hamblen. All art used was designed by Michael Christopher, as part of a full redesign that can be found on BoardGameGeek.
This is still a work in progress. Any bugs or feature requests should be posted to BoardGameGeek
Version 1.1 (by Jonathan Watts)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Ice Station from being bought (zone was called "Ice Station Port" instead of just "Ice Station")
- Factory Goods will now go to the correct location when pulled out of the cup, instead of to whichever factory happened to have been bought most recently!
- Fixed a major bug that prevented all but the starting player from selecting and manipulating tokens
- Fixed a major bug that prevented IOU tokens from going to player boards.
- Decreased file size and improved functionality. (special thanks to soft-bug, founder of Vassalfactory.org for helping me with many of these fixes.
- Added a Trade Window - Each player drags what they want to trade to one side, then takes what their opponent offers.
- Module now reports on several activities, including peeking at Exploration and IOU counters
- Added functionality for the Autopilot and Mulligan Gear relics
- Reworked Die-Rolling mechanics: now reports each die rolled and the total
- Initial Upload
No screens yet... but soon!
- Aaron Riggan