Module:Montmirail and Vauchamps 1814
|Players||2 to 2||Scale||Tactical|
|Length||Series||Jour de Gloire Series|
Authorised module by permission from Frederic Bey (Canons en Carton).
Version 2.0.0 Beta
This is a fully working beta release intended to ease counter/stack handling and hidden actions. Some command shortcuts & hotkeys have been changed, mainly to avoid conflicts when operating on a stack. A summary of shortcuts & hotkeys can be found under the Help menu. The release includes the Crispy1critter's changes from v1.4 of other JdG modules and the following new features:
- Official player aid added (permission from Frédéric Bey). Help includes links rules on the official JdG website.
- Sound effects and chat log highlighting for roll die (F2), deploy AM and end turn.
- Private hand is available to French and Coalition players, to facilitate concealed AM choices.
- AMs in the draw cup are now fully masked until drawn and placed on the board.
- Markers palette is prioritised so that it will display first by default (Pieces button or F3).
- Orders/No Orders markers remain masked until revealed by the owner and there is only one pair needed in the markers palette.
- Private Hands include a stock of Orders/No Orders markers.
- Counters will locate on vertices and edges as well the hex itself. The intention is to facilitate using markers on formations as well as individual counters & stacks, whilst maintaining the convenience of snap-to-grid.
- Rotation now aligns only to vertices and (on Montmirail map), the top edge.
- Shock, Charge and Square commands operate on a one-per-stack basis.
- Mouseover shows current hex number on battle map.
- Movement trails are maintained during each Activation.
- End Turn cleans up board status and deploys preset AMs from the turn track to the active section of the AM board.
- Deploying an AM cleans up movement trails and relevant markers from last activation
- Line of sight tool added
- Compressed toolbar to allow for additional buttons within a small screen width. Wider zoom settings, also for small screens.
Testing and feedback invited, whilst I consider rolling out the changes to other JdG modules. Contact marktb1961 or discuss on the Vassal Module Support forum.
- Some Guy