Module:WWII Commander: Volume One – Battle Of The Bulge
|Year||2020||Topic||Battle of the Bulge|
|Players||2 to 2||Scale||Operational|
|Battle of the Bulge v1-1.vmod||Module||5.07 MB||2020-11-19||3.4.7|
|Battle of the Bulge v1.vmod||Module||5.06 MB||2020-06-30||3.3.1|
(c) 2020 by Compass Games
Version 1.1 fixes the setup location of missing German infantry division, also fixes the British 29 Armour (should be a 2-step unit).
Module Instructions: 1. A layer has been applied to the Time counter pre-positioned on the German Surprise Turns track. Right-click or select and use Return key to change the layer from German to Allied. This is helpful to keep track of who's "turn" it is.
2. All cubes, Out-of-Supply, and Fuel Shortage counters are handled as layers on unit counters. Right-click to impose such a layer on a game piece.
3. The "Reset" button on the toolbar removes all cubes from activated units.
4. There is no "rule-enforcement" in this module. Users are expected to be familiar with the rules of the game. Victory Points must be manually counted and adjusted.
5. All units are presented as a SINGLE piece, unlike in the physical game where often two or even three separate counters must be swapped out as hits are applied or replacements taken. Right-click to adjust unit's strength.
6. One and two-step units can be sent to the Eliminated window by right-click function. Four and six-step units can be sent to the "Eliminated Units" box on their opponent's Order of Battle display (access from toolbar button).
7. Control markers are placed by dragging manually from Markers tray (toolbar button), or by right-clicking on a German unit.
8. The Dice button will present user with a pop-up menu. The first time using the module, the user may see the incorrect number of dice facings. Be sure to set the settings to 10-sided dice. Be sure NOT not to add any value to die roll results! IMPORTANT: Die roll results are set to "batch" so users can easily read and determine results. This is not an indication of faulty die-rolling; it's merely a setting applied by the module designer for ease of use. Complaints about die roll results should not be sent to module designer.
- Joel Toppen