Module talk:Attack in the Ardennes
Thanks, Arbo, for contributing this module. I love the care taken, particularly for extras such as the reinforcements chart and battle board.
I do however note a few errors.
Map errors (it looks like you scanned a 1st edition or pre-release map?):
- West Wall space "Ouren" is labeled as "G23" (the same as St. Vith). It should be "K23" - per the GDW errata (28 July 1982) - "The road between Champion (K13) and Longchamps (L16) is a minor (brown) road"
German Unit Errors:
- missing German piece 12 SS Pz/25, strength 2 motorized infantry, starts in C27 - 653 Jpz (L24) is strength "3" rather than "4" - German piece 2 SS Pz/20 has wrong division designation and entry time - should be 9 SS Pz/20, strength 3 mechanized infantry, enters 19 PM - missing German piece 9 SS Pz/I/9, strength 2 armor, enters 20PM - missing German piece 9 SS Pz/II/9, strength 3 armor, enters 20PM - missing German piece 9 SS Pz/19, strength 2 motorized infantry, enters 20PM - missing German piece 9 SS Pz/9, strength 3 motorized artillery, enters 20PM - missing German piece 15 PzG/115, strength 2 motorized infantry, enters 23PM
Allied Unit Errors:
- missing American piece 99 INF/395, strength 2 infantry, starts in D25 - 9 ARM/DA in D25 should really be 99 INF/DA (unit name and front piece graphic are wrong; the real 9 ARM/DA is already in E22)
Allied reinforcement schedule:
- 101 ABN/DA - enters 18AM W (also note rear counter face is incorrect) - 10 ARM/CCB - enters 18PM S - 84 INF/333 - enters 21PM N - 5 INF/DA - enters 23PM SE (also note rear counter face is incorrect)
Allied initial placement in "Standard Setup":
- 28 Inf/112 and 28 Inf/DA to Ouren / K23 - 1107 Eng to St. Vith / G23
German initial placement in "Standard Setup":
- 405 VA ART to Schleiden / C27 (also note rear counter face could be corrected - the "L27" was a typo on the original counter per the GDW errata)
I'd be happy to take a crack at fixing these, but it might be easier for the original contributor.