Module:Lock 'n Load Tactical: Heroes of the Bitter Harvest
|Publisher||Lock 'n Load Publishing||Era||WWII|
|Players||2 to 2||Scale||Tactical|
|Length||60 min.||Series||Lock 'n Load Tactical|
|LNLP_Heroes_of_the_Bitter_Harvest_1.1.vmod||Module||30.18 MB||2023-06-29||3.6.5||Mike Seely||Vance Strickland, Trent Garner|
|LNLP_Heroes_of_the_Bitter_Harvest.vmod||Module||29.9 MB||2022-12-27||3.6.5||Mike Seely||Vance Strickland, Trent Garner|
- Version 1.1: Corrected the sizing of certain admin markers to match larger tokens.
- Version 1.0: Official module, made by permission from Lock n Load Publishing.
Operation Case Blue
On June 28th, 1942 the German High Command launched its summer offensive (Case Blue) against the southern lines of the Soviet Union. 2 Army Groups of 10 Armies-nearly 35 Divisions and 2 full Air Corps, were unleashed against the Soviet lines. It involved a two-pronged attack. One along the Axis right flank driving to the Caucasus and the vital oil fields of Baku, and the other against the left flank in the direction of Stalingrad and the Volga River. The battle would rage for 2 months over several hundred square kilometers that would take the German Army to the gates of Stalingrad itself.
Heroes of the Bitter Harvest (previously titled Heroes Road to Stalingrad) is a module for the Lock 'n Load Tactical series. It features fluid, impulse-based turns, squad-level, and individual heroics, plus lots of armor and special rules to bring the fight for the southern steppes of Russia to life. German Landser, Mechanized, and Armored formations clash with Soviet Line, Guards, and NKVD Divisions. New units never before seen in the Lock 'n Load Tactical series are introduced. The German Pz IV F and G along with the Marder II and StuG IIIF join the battlefield as well as the Soviet Tachanka MG wagon, NKVD troops, and the IL2 Sturmovik. We also introduce a new leader type-the Incompetent Leader. The scenarios range from the city of Voronezh and through Rostov, as far south as the Caucasus Mountains. Into the footsteps of the Silk Road at Khulkhuta, up and into the outskirts of Stalingrad itself.
The steppes of southern Russia await you!
This module contains the maps, units, markers, and select tables needed to play the game. Game scenarios are available in the LnL:Tactical Companion Book, which is available on the LnLP website.
What is a Companion Book?
The Companion Books are the same as the Module Rules and Scenario booklets that are available in our games, with the exception we included most of the charts and tables that come within that game. So why release the Companion book? The Companion Books were designed for those gamers who are playing virtually and did not want to purchase the entire game just for the scenarios and tables to play via Vassal or Tabletop Simulator. The Companion Books are NOT complete games but do contain everything a player will need to play via Vassal or Tabletop Simulator. Players who prefer to play virtually can do so without the need to own the board (boxed) edition of the game. The Companion Books also can be used by players playing digitally via our Digital DLC editions via Steam for their Macs or Windows computers.
So if you own or purchase the board games you don't need to purchase the Companion Books. Some board game owners prefer them since they are spiral bound and will lay flat on the table and any typos or known errors found since the printing of the original edition of the board game has been updated. The Companion books can be used with any game printing or game rule edition.
- Games in this series can be purchased at: https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/lock-n-load-tactical-series
- A full print version can be purchased at: https://https://store.lnlpublishing.com/heroes-road-to-stalingrad-llp314098
- Living rules can be downloaded at: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/lock-n-load-tactical-core-rules-pdf-edition.253/
- Game Resources: https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/lock-n-load-tactical-series.5/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LocknLoadPub
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/LnLP
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LnLPub
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClZ6gdcFDfR94LGCmA8Y5Hg
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/lnlp
- Board Game Geek: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/185057/lock-n-load-tactical-heroes-against-red-star
Game Credits & License
Why We Do What We Do: We love playing games, as well as designing and developing them. We give praise and thanks to God for blessing us so we can follow our dreams and passions. We also thank you, our fans, friends, and family for making this possible for us.
This module is solely owned by Lock 'n Load Publishing, who kindly granted permission and advised on its construction. Please do not modify this in any way and repost it or its components. If you find errors, or have suggestions for improvements, please contact Mike Seely, our vassal module maintainer.
© 2022 Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC., and their Logos are all trademarks of Lock 'n Load Publishing, LLC. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Executive Producer: David Heath
- Associate Producer: Blackwell Hird
- Lead Game Design & Development: Jeff Lewis
- Manual Editor: Jeff Lewis
- Counter Art: David Julien, Kwanchi Moriya, Marc von Martial
- Map Art: Marc von Martial, Olivier Revenu
- Graphic Design & Layout: Blackwell Hird, Steve Pultorak, Steven Dennis
- Box Art & Design: Blackwell Hird, David Julien
- Administration: Ava Marie Heath
- Customer Support: Jason Church
- Logistic Manager: Darren White
- Original Design: Mark Walker
- Vassal module maintainer: Mike Seely
Extensions: Days of Villainy, The Bear and The Jackal