Module:Luna Mare: Mineralis & Dominatio
|Players||2 to 4||Scale||Strategic|
|Game version: 20220126|
|Game version: 20210312|
|Game version: 20210108|
|Game version: 20201120|
The lunar Mare, plural Maria, are large, flat and dark basaltic plains of lower elevation on the Earth's Moon formed by ancient volcanic eruptions. The term Mare, which in Latin means "sea" was erroneously applied to such features by telescopic observers of the 17th century who mistook them for actual seas. In actuality, Maria are huge basins containing lava flows marked by craters, ridges, faults, straight and meandering valleys called rilles and are devoid of water. Maria are the largest topographic, dark and relatively young features on the Moon. Together with the bright, heavily cratered and very old lunar Highlands (Latin: Terrae), they form the landscape of the Moon. Maria are less reflective than the Terrae and can be seen from Earth with the naked eye. Back in the days, the Apollo program, led by NASA, brought back many samples of lunar rock and soil material. It proved that among other minerals and elements, Maria are to be rich in Iron, Titanium, Magnesium and Silicon. Even three new minerals were discovered on the Moon and named Armalcolite, Tranquillityite and Pyroxferroite. Since then, besides being a research object, the Moon becomes increasingly, a point of interest to many of Earth's public and private companies, which perceive it as their next source for acquiring and extracting resources in the future ...
... in Luna Mare: Mineralis & Dominatio game, players compete in collecting elements discovered on the surface of the Moon with aim to discover additional, valuable, new resources and minerals. In addition to gathering resources they also fight for control over Maria to establish a rewarding Moon dominance.
Gameplay introduces and smoothly combines 2 core mechanics of pick up & deliver and area control in a single game. Together with light combat, score rivalry, units and cards management or team play, it provides a deep, tactical experience.
2 to 3 players may compete with each other in multiplayer games. Also, 4 players may play the game by being divided into 2 teams of 2 players. Playing cooperatively team members compete with the opposite team.
The game is based on a strong, realistic theme. Included map represents quite real boundaries of the lunar Maria seen from the Earth, as well as the Apollo landing positions. Also elements and minerals with their names, amount and composition are based on real discoveries, research and available publications.
Two games in one
Luna Mare: Mineralis & Dominatio is a single board game that consists of 2 separate gameplay modes and experiences - Mineralis and Dominatio.
Although sharing the same goal concept, each gameplay mode offers different mechanics ratios and ways of playing the game, forcing players to adapt their skills and tactics. Mineralis focuses more on a pick up & deliver mechanics with a support of an area control. While Dominatio strongly prefers an area control with a complementary assistance of a pick up & deliver.
Besides using the same, basic gameplay mechanics and components, both modes also introduce their own, unique features. Mineralis has its element delivery and new resource discoveries. Dominatio, on the other hand, provides a constant fight for domination over the most valuable regions and elements.
Each mode comes with a dedicated map, rulebook and a few additional, individual components. They may be easily treated as a standalone, full-featured games.
Choose the way of playing and dominate the resources and surface of the Moon!
Separate modules for each gameplay mode: Luna Mare: Mineralis and Luna Mare: Dominatio
Module versioning: YYYYMMDD_vX - (YYYYMMDD: game version / vX: module revision of particular game version)
Game changelog: see the BGG Game Page and BGG WIP Thread
Setups/modes available: 2P Game, 3P Game, Team Game
CAUTION: always read the current gameplay notes in Help Menu -> Luna Mare: Mineralis/Dominatio - Readme 1st for instructions how to use the module, setup and play the game. Rulebook is available inside the module (Rules button).
- modules updated to version 2022.01.26 of the PnP game
- map pictures - updated with the new PnP version
- elements tokens - changed to the 3d shadowed version
- unit tokens - changed to the shadowed version
- (Mineralis) Apollo Station tokens - changed to the 3d shadowed version and prepared smaller tokens
- (Dominatio) Dominatio Bonus tokens - changed to the 3d shadowed version
- score tokens - changed to the shadowed version
- Mare Bonus tiles - updated fronts with the new PnP version
- turn token - changed to red cube, coherent with the PnP version
- blue collector - added +1 Collector to the player's pool (10 units)
- rules - updated with the new PnP version
- rules - added sell sheet as the last page
- regenerated 2p/3p/team game setups
- (Dominatio 3p game setup) - added +1 Collector to the players' pools (8 units)
- set new version
- modules' size optimized
- module updated to version 2021.03.12 of the PnP game
- updated map board, about logo, rulebook, text in the "Luna Mare: Mineralis/Dominatio - Readme 1st" menu entry, cards backs
- sideboard background - updated fields for Mare Bonus tiles and rearranged Mare Bonus tiles
- regenerated 2pgame, 3pgame, teamgame setups
- introduced separate module for "Luna Mare: Dominatio". From this version of the game, there will be dedicated modules available for each gameplay mode:
- Luna_Mare_Mineralis_20210312_v1.vmod - Luna Mare: Mineralis
- Luna_Mare_Dominatio_20210312_v1.vmod - Luna Mare: Dominatio
- module updated to version 2021.01.08 of the PnP game
- changed the back of the red apollo station tokens
- introduced 3 pairs of individual apollo station tokens
- updated map board, about logo, rulebook, text in the "Luna Mare: Mineralis - Readme 1st" menu entry, cards backs and fronts
- players' hands background - removed description "Drawn for exchanging or received from teammate", updated fields for new larger cards
- sideboard background - updated fields for new larger cards, changed "Minerals Draw Bag->Elements Draw Bag", added circular individual Apollo Station fields (places on Player's Mare Bonus pool filed) to first 3 players for individual tokens
- Apollo Station tokens - added black frame
- regenerated 2pgame, 3pgame, teamgame setups
- Janusz Kuśnierek