Module:Luna Mare: Mineralis & Dominatio
|Players||2 to 4||Scale||Strategic|
|Game version: 20210312|
|Game version: 20210108|
|Game version: 20201120|
The lunar Mare, plural Maria, are large, flat and dark basaltic plains of lower elevation on the Earth's Moon formed by ancient volcanic eruptions. The term Mare, which in Latin means "sea" was erroneously applied to such features by telescopic observers of the 17th century who mistook them for actual seas. In actuality, Maria are huge basins containing lava flows marked by craters, ridges, faults, straight and meandering valleys called rilles and are devoid of water. Maria are the largest topographic, dark and relatively young features on the Moon. Together with the bright, heavily cratered and very old lunar Highlands (Latin: Terrae), they form the landscape of the Moon. Maria are less reflective than the Terrae and can be seen from Earth with the naked eye. Back in the days, the Apollo program, led by NASA, brought back many samples of lunar rock and soil material. It proved that among other minerals and elements, Maria are to be rich in Iron, Titanium, Magnesium and Silicon. Even three new minerals were discovered on the Moon and named Armalcolite, Tranquillityite and Pyroxferroite. Since then, besides being a research object, the Moon becomes increasingly, a point of interest to many of Earth's public and private companies, which perceive it as their next source for acquiring and extracting resources in the future ...
... in Luna Mare: Mineralis & Dominatio, players compete with each other in collecting elements discovered on the surface of the Moon with aim to discover additional, valuable resources and minerals. In addition to gathering resources they also fight for control over Maria to establish a rewarding Moon dominance.
2 to 3 players may compete with each other in multiplayer games. Also, 4 players may play the game by being divided into 2 teams of 2 players. Playing cooperatively team members compete with the opposite team.
Gameplay introduces and smoothly combines 2 core mechanics of pick up & deliver and area control. Together with light combat, score rivalry, units and cards management or team play, it provides a deep, tactical experience with a strong theme. Included map board represents quite real boundaries of the lunar Maria and Apollo landing positions, based on available publications. Also elements and minerals with their names, amount and composition are based on real discoveries and researches.
Two games in one
Luna Mare: Mineralis & Dominatio is a single board game that consists of 2 separate gameplay modes and experiences. Although sharing the same goal concept and components, each gameplay mode offers different mechanics ratios, and ways of playing the game, forcing players to adapt their skills and tactics.
Mineralis focuses more on a pick up & deliver mechanics with a support of an area control. While Dominatio strongly prefers an area control with an assistance of a pick up & deliver. Both share the basic gameplay mechanisms but also introduce their own, unique features. Mineralis has its element delivery and new resource discoveries. Dominatio, on the other hand, provides a constant fight for domination over the most valuable regions. Each mode comes with a dedicated rulebook and components, thus may be treated as a full-featured game.
Choose the way of playing and dominate the resources and surface of the Moon!
Separate modules for each gameplay mode: Luna Mare: Mineralis and Luna Mare: Dominatio
Module versioning: YYYYMMDD_vX - (YYYYMMDD: game version / vX: module revision of particular game version)
Game changelog: see the BGG Game Page and BGG WIP Thread
Setups/modes available: 2P Game, 3P Game, Team Game
CAUTION: always read the current gameplay notes in Help Menu -> Luna Mare: Mineralis/Dominatio - Readme 1st for instructions how to use the module, setup and play the game. Rulebook is available inside the module (Rules button).
- module updated to version 2021.03.12 of the PnP game
- updated map board, about logo, rulebook, text in the "Luna Mare: Mineralis/Dominatio - Readme 1st" menu entry, cards backs
- sideboard background - updated fields for Mare Bonus tiles and rearranged Mare Bonus tiles
- regenerated 2pgame, 3pgame, teamgame setups
- introduced separate module for "Luna Mare: Dominatio". From this version of the game, there will be dedicated modules available for each gameplay mode:
- Luna_Mare_Mineralis_20210312_v1.vmod - Luna Mare: Mineralis
- Luna_Mare_Dominatio_20210312_v1.vmod - Luna Mare: Dominatio
- module updated to version 2021.01.08 of the PnP game
- changed the back of the red apollo station tokens
- introduced 3 pairs of individual apollo station tokens
- updated map board, about logo, rulebook, text in the "Luna Mare: Mineralis - Readme 1st" menu entry, cards backs and fronts
- players' hands background - removed description "Drawn for exchanging or received from teammate", updated fields for new larger cards
- sideboard background - updated fields for new larger cards, changed "Minerals Draw Bag->Elements Draw Bag", added circular individual Apollo Station fields (places on Player's Mare Bonus pool filed) to first 3 players for individual tokens
- Apollo Station tokens - added black frame
- regenerated 2pgame, 3pgame, teamgame setups
- Janusz Kuśnierek